What to Look for When Purchasing a Multifunction Printer
It pays to look beneath the hood before you purchase a multifunction printer. The easiest way is to check dealer’s ratings. Manufacturers will always paint their products in the best possible light. That means their published speed, duty cycle; supply costs etc… will always feature best-case scenarios that rarely reflect real-world use. Sometimes the easiest way to get another opinion is to see what the product users have to say.
It is wise to seek a knowledgeable dealer to help you navigate the landscape. Not only have they received feedback from their customers; they are end users as well. Look for information regarding the actual device speed and user comments on ease of use, etc. Understand what the experienced people in the industry are saying about the product you are researching, and you’ll be able to make a more informed decision.
Things you should know:
1. Know your requirements
2. Know the Total Cost of Ownership
3. Know how easy it is to connect to an existing network
4. Know how easy it is to use
5. Know its multitasking abilities
6. Know its bi-directional communication capabilities
7. Know the available device management, remote intelligence, and support
8. Know whether it provides the level of security and confidentiality you need
9. Know what compatible software and solutions are available
Multifunction printers can help you streamline duplicate and cumbersome document processes and electronically organize, edit and archive your paper documents. With an MFP and a simple software application you can turn paper documents into electronic format and send to multiple destinations – email, document repositories, network folders, and even remote printers – with a single scan.